The foundation exists solely for the purpose of raising money for the purchase of technology and other educational items for the St. Louis Public Schools. Purchased technology will be used directly by teachers and students and will help the teachers provide the highest quality education.
Make a purchase from Amazon.com through the search form here (at the bottom of the page) and the St. Louis Sharks Technology Foundation will receive up to 20% of your purchase price! Money raised will be used to purchase technology for our school.
Welcome Back to the Shark Tank!
We are excited for what the 2016-2017 school year has in store for us! The first day of school will be Tues, Sept 6 and it will be a half day of school.
St. Louis Public Schools, home of the St. Louis Sharks, welcomes you to our district! Our community is a great place to live and work, and I smile every day that I get to be a part of this community and lead our schools. The partnership held between our community and our school is one of the best I have ever seen. As we look to improve both, community and school, working together in unison and in support of one another is how we can accomplish that. I am proud to say this is happening here in St. Louis.
We continue to improve what we are able to offer students:
* Our facilities have all been upgraded and are beautiful.
* Our curriculum materials have been updated or are in the process of being updated.
* All of our buildings offer interventions to address skill deficits and improve learning.
* Our athletic teams are very successful.
* Our teachers put “kids first”.
* Our leadership team is solid.
* Our Students of Influence Leadership program is growing and making a difference in the lives of kids, teams, and our district.
* We offer one of the only elementary math/science labs in the area.
* We offer dual enrollment, AP courses, on-line learning and blended learning.
* We offer a virtual learning program to accommodate non-traditional students and to welcome back students that have left for one reason or another.
* We are one of two schools in Michigan offering ASL, American Sign Language, classes for both high school and college credit that can be put toward the Interpreter’s Training Program at Lansing Community College.
* As a district, K-12, we are tackling literacy.
Our district goals for the 16-17 school year are:
Our motto that St. Louis Public Schools lives by is: “Together we Can, Together we Do!” We have had that motto for the past two years and will continue to live by that. “Together we Can, Together we Do!” means we really need to work together. Working together will bring support and pride to everyone. Working together will allow for us to always put kids first.
We take pride in our programming, our staff, our students, and our community. We are the St. Louis Sharks! Join me for coffee or conversation anytime. I would love to sit down and talk with you. You can also visit our website at www.stlouisschools.net to see what’s happening in and around the district!
Homecoming 2016 ~ Schedule of Events
Sunday, Sept. 11th
Monday, Sept. 12th
Tuesday, Sept. 13th
Wednesday, Sept. 14th
Thursday, Sept. 15th
Friday, Sept. 16th
Saturday, Sept. 17th
The high school Shark Scene is a student generated electronic weekly newspaper where we highlight both academic and athletic achievements by our students. It is also the voice of our teachers and administrators. In the latest version of the Shark Scene, you will learn more about our new teachers, chromebook initiative, athletics, and more.
The St. Louis Sharks believe in offering our students every opportunity there is to be the absolute best they can be. We have been able to accomplish many things in a very short period of time. As the year progresses, we will continue to work hard for our students and our community. In doing so, we need to continue to work together, school and community, to be a team for the students of St. Louis. We are proud of what we do for our kids! Check out our Winter 2016 Edition of Shark Tales!